[Asterisk-Users] destroy SIP channel??

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Thu Jan 6 15:27:22 MST 2005

<snip>
> I've got a SIP channel that appears to be hung up. It's an extension
> that records a .gsm file and fortunately the recording has stopped. I
> tried zap destroy channel but I guess that doesn't apply to SIP channels.

Uhh, no, why would "zap destroy channel" affect a SIP channel?

At the CLI prompt, type the magic word "help". It will list all the
commands available to you. One of them is "soft hangup", with the
helpful description of "Request a hangup on a given channel".

Sounds like it might be useful, to me.
</snip>

Thanks for the smart-ass response. I know how to type "help" by the way, I
googled for options and searched voip-info.org before actually posting to
the list. So, if you don't like what I posted, feel free to unsubscribe.

-Ron