[Asterisk-Users] kind of urgent

Shoval Tomer shoval at softov.co.il
Thu Jan 6 13:04:26 MST 2005

First of all,
Thanks to all of you who replied to my post.

I have tried setting up FC 3 on a system here to check if asterisk
compiles OK (even though I have no Digium hardware here) and to save
time for the guy on site later.

Installing FC 3 is simple, very much like other red hat versions.

I got asterisk 1.0.3 tar balls from asterisk.org and compiled them.

No error, no glitch, no nothing.

Asterisk loads ok, with no errors.

Tests with sip and iax softphones are ok.

I'll let you know later on how it went on site with Digium hardware
installation.

Thanks again for all you help.
Shoval.

BTW, my intention was to use SATA drives and Linux software RAID, not
any onboard SATA RAID controllers, cause there isn't one in the system.

Sorry for not clarifying that earlier.

Cheers.