[Asterisk-Users] queues - announcements and not busy members

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Thu Jan 6 09:31:08 MST 2005

Lars Fredriksson wrote:

> I have benn playing a little with quesues tonight and I found out if there
> are at least one member-extension free the announcement with p'the place
> in the queue wont be played to the person who called in.

This is a change that went into CVS (and changed the default behavior,
which I disagree with). If you are running CVS HEAD, there is a
"makefirstannouncement" variable in the loop that handles the first
caller, and it defaults to off. I don't know if the person who added
this added a config option to control it, but I don't believe they did.
In any case, you can look in the code and change the initial value of
that variable to "1", which will return the behavior to the way it used
to be.