[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP500 - problems with multiple simultaneous calls (callerid)

Thu Jan 6 03:49:43 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 01:09 -0500, Noah Miller wrote:
> > I have these very phones and took me a while to figure this out myself.
> > The phone considers each line registration to be a line with a second
> > line.  So, call line while someone is on a call and another instance
> > will appear below.   That means you only need one registered instance
> > for the phones to get two incoming calls.  If however you want to have
> > second registered extension rung if the first is busy, you have to
> > configure that in Asterisk and the phone so that it moves to the next
> > Dial command on a busy from the phone.  However, to get a busy from the
> > phone, you have to configure the phone not to have the second ringing
> > instance for the single registration.
> >
> > Confused?  I was...  So...  Your phone display looks some6thing like
> > this...
> >
> > LINE 1>
> > LINE 2>
> > BLAH >
> >
> > In order to make line 1 toll into line 2, you need to make the phone
> > SIP
> > back that it is busy when Line 1 is engaged.  Default out of the box is
> > to show the incoming call on line below the current call on line one.
>
> Hi Wiley -
>
> Thanks for the research!  I've tried out a couple of the "divert"
> settings, but haven't yet found one that'll get the IP500's to send a
> busy message when only one call is active on a line.  I'll keep trying,

I think what we all want is a way to disable call waiting, which in
effect, is what this is all about.

ie, you have 6 lines (on a IP600), all registered with unique
registrations.

A call arrives, and it is sent to line 1, which rings, and you answer
it.

A second call arrives at asterisk, and it is sent to line 1, instead of
getting busy, we get call waiting tones, so we can put the call on-hold,
and answer the second call, and switch between them.

A third call arrives, and it is sent to line 1, which has two calls
already, so we get a busy back, so we send it to line 2, and it rings,
we can put both calls on line 1 on hold, and answer line 2.

and so on.... up to 12 calls on a IP600

So, question is, how do we disable call waiting ??

Answer: I don't know yet, I took a fairly exhaustive look through the
config files, the manual, and the wiki, and I didn't find anything about
call waiting at all.

In my case, I am logging into a queue from a polycom, but the queue
keeps ringing the phone because it doesn't realise the phone is busy
already....

If anyone get more info on this, I would love to know about it.

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers