[Asterisk-Users] Happy Wednesday Morning SMS question, slightly OT

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 14:08:50 MST 2005

Not all providers bind the number to a email address.

I havent set it up, but in terms of sms, if asterisk could send out the
message to a URL, or connect using SMPP then it could be done.

Asterisk ---> over http --->url---> url parses number in the GET request
and then fires that request by a provider to the number long/short

Or u could set up kannel on a another box, connect kannel to a provider,
it just like we connect to voip providers, we can also get accounts with
sms providers, then asterisk sends message to port on kannel machine,
kannel will then send out via the SMS provider the message.

Iqbal