[Asterisk-Users] Happy Wednesday Morning SMS question, slightly OT

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Wed Jan 5 13:40:03 MST 2005

> From: Rich Adamson [mailto:radamson at routers.com]
>
> implementation. Since you mentioned T-Mobile, I'm assuming
> you're in the US.

The phrase "voip-based US landline" should have given that away as well
:)  On a related note, T-Mobile or T-Mobil is the European parent of
T-Mobile US (formerly VoiceStream)

> going to be able to accomplish your objective without
> implementing some sort of site-specific role-your-own
> mechanism (eg, I don't know of any US cellular company that

The question was partially a "how does this work?" and "can I do that?"
type question.  Somehow the providers currently work together to make
message delivery nearly seamless, even with GSM phones in other
countries.  Would be interesting to know what happens with an SMS that
is sent to a landline.