[Asterisk-Users] Digium T100P T1 Card

Timothy Costello tim at cteusa.com
Wed Jan 5 11:50:58 MST 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Wiley Siler wrote:
<snip>
> To further explain my siutation, I should give you some more background
> on my setup.  My current setup has an AdTran 616 on the wall breaking
> out my 6 analog lines and delivering my data to the office.  I have two
> TDM400P cards receiving 6 analog lines which are used for both fax and
> voice.  I have had numerous problems with this ISP and I just want to
> get away as soon as possible.  Problem is, I have a contract that won't
> expire for a while so I need to use these lines for something.  The ISP
> wants a contract extension and some setious cash to do the upgrade.
> Better to just seek alternate service.
>
> I originally bought my T100P thinking I would get digital lines and all
> the goodies involved.  Then budget constraints and an ISP that wants
> too
> much to convert me to Digital lead to a temporary solution.  I would
> use
> the analog lines for a while longer.  Well, that has run its course and
> I have to get to something more stable.  The PRI card looks pretty good
> at this point.
>
> So getting back to the T1 PRI issue (and I am playing catch up here),
> my
> goal is to just deliver new service into this office over my T100P and
> just dump nothing but fax out those old lines.  That way I can reserve
> the digitals for our truly important calls and still reap the benefit
> of
> having those old analog lines.
<Large Snip>

So to summarize:

Currently you have a T1 from an ISP, this ISP is currently delivering 6
analog FXS phone ports and delivering fractional T1 internet access
over the Ethernet ports on the Adtran 616.

To help clear up an issue that may have confused others, all the lines
you have are delivered in digital form the Adtran converts the 6 phone
channels to analog.

In theory (from reading mailing list not from personal exp.) the Adtran
could be replaced by a Linux box with a T100P and Asterisk (probably
without any config changes on the ISP end).

Later;
Tim