[Asterisk-Users] Digium T100P T1 Card

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Jan 5 10:23:34 MST 2005

LOL - Thanks for not getting mad about my email.  I just felt a little
stung for being uneducated about T1s but we have to learn somewhere!
I completely understand your concerns and will try to comply as best as
I can.
Again, thanks for being such a contributor to the this support system!!

To further explain my siutation, I should give you some more background
on my setup.  My current setup has an AdTran 616 on the wall breaking
out my 6 analog lines and delivering my data to the office.  I have two
TDM400P cards receiving 6 analog lines which are used for both fax and
voice.  I have had numerous problems with this ISP and I just want to
get away as soon as possible.  Problem is, I have a contract that won't
expire for a while so I need to use these lines for something.  The ISP
wants a contract extension and some setious cash to do the upgrade.
Better to just seek alternate service.

I originally bought my T100P thinking I would get digital lines and all
the goodies involved.  Then budget constraints and an ISP that wants too
mcuh to convert me to Digital lead to a temporary solution.  I would use
the analog lines for a while longer.  Well, that has run its course and
I have to get to something more stable.  The PRI card looks pretty good
at this point.

So getting back to the T1 PRI issue (and I am playing catch up here), my
goal is to just deliver new service into this office over my T100P and
just dump nothing but fax out those old lines.  That way I can reserve
the digitals for our truly important calls and still reap the benefit of
having those old analog lines.

I will have to google up ILEC and CLEC for more info b/c that is new to
me as well.

Thanks again,
Wiley