[Asterisk-Users] Digium T100P T1 Card

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Jan 5 11:11:40 MST 2005

Peter,

I also made it a point to voice my appreciation and recognize the fact
that Stephen is major contributor here.  I also acknowledged his
generous explanations.  I have also since replied to his reply and
thanked him again as well.

A consultant so I can get a T1 PRI on my wall and use it with my
Asterisk box?  LMAO.  That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  I
need a consultant so I can get a T1 with PRI?  Please.  I am just trying
to better understand how the Digium PRI card works and how it
interconnects to the ISP.

I checked the Wiki and I checked Digium.  Neither one said "install PRI
card and no other router is needed".  Or rather, what I did find was the
reference that said that your * box will act as a router with the PRI
card.  Then it clicked and I got it.  Having never had a PRI T1, I did
not know it would be unlike my current T1 which has an AdTran to break
out my voice from the data.  So asking how to connect the Digium card
seemed natural for this discussion.

Again, thank you for you contribution to the discussion and for offering
your view.  If my previous response was offensive to anyone, especially
Stephen, I apologize.  If it is not clear, I view the gurus here as
generous contributors.  I just generally don't like to feel criticized
or spoken down to when I am just asking a simple honest question. Isn't
that the point of this all?  I mean, it is not like I am asking how to
insert a PCI card or something.  Maybe that is the price to pay but
really I think it just is not usually needed.  It would be so much
easier to just not respond if what I have sent is so horrible.
Sometimes I think that this response is just because so many questions
are asked and people get tired of poor formatting and such.  Regardless,
my OWA was to blame for part of that.  Speed typing was the other.

Besides, asking how my T100P interconnects is hardly fishing for general
telecom knowledge.  The questions were specific to the hardware from
Digium.  That makes it pretty relevant I think.  I am googling up other
stuff mentioned by Stephen right now.

Thanks all,
Wiley