[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P + Asterisk + zaptel timer ?

Wed Jan 5 07:03:46 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 19:52 +0600, Samudra E. Haque wrote:
> Hello, I thought that my Digium TDM400P would be the right hardware to
> support the zaptel timer, and put the following IAX.CONF entry to test,
> (trunk=yes) in the example below

[snip]
> But, it didn't work. So I had to comment it out. When trunk=yes was set, the
> following result happened, and literally the audio was very unstable.
> Otherwise the system has been working great. I am using ax1*CLI> show
> version
> Asterisk CVS-HEAD-12/02/04-17:57:31 built by root at ax1 on a i686 running
> Linux
>
> Jan  5 13:41:06 WARNING[1928]: chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
> Jan  5 13:41:06 WARNING[1928]: Loading module chan_zap.so failed!

You should first solve this problem. If chan_zap.so can't load, then you
don't have a timing device.

Do this:
Get zaptel source/compile/install
in /usr/src/asterisk make clean;make install
then modprobe zaptel and modprobe wcfxs (or wctdm if using current CVS)
then ztcfg
If you get *NO* error messages, then continue, else report back to the
list your /etc/zaptel.conf and details of your TDM card modules, and the
errors
Start asterisk
If you can do a zap show channels and see your channels, then continue,
else report back to the list the output of ztcfg -vv, and
your /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf and the error messages when starting
asterisk.

If you have done all the above correctly, then it will probably work.
Remember that you need to enable trunk'ing at BOTH ends as well.

Hope this helps you...

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev