[Asterisk-Users] Digium T100P T1 Card

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed Jan 5 05:59:15 MST 2005

Apologies if the format of the email was troublesome.  I am accessing my
email remotely via Outlook Web Access otherwise the format would have
been plain text.

So, I need to learn more about voice T1s?  Reeally?  That would be why I
am posting to the user group in the first place.  To learn more.  The
wiki says nothing about how PRI works because it is expected that
someone will know.  Well, I didn't.  Had to ask.  After cruising ebay
for 30 minutes looking at routers and reading the tech spec on the
T100P, I figured out the very same thing regarding the fact that no
router was needed.

Using my analog line for fax is not a matter of needs.  It is a matter
of using available lines that we will have for another 18 months because
that T1 is under a long contract.  The ISP company wants an arm and a
leg to upgrade the T1 from analog lines to digital so that is why I am
getting a separate voice T1 altogether.  That will leave these analog
lines unused so I may as well dedicate them to my fax system and keep
all the digitals for our voice.

Finally, let me say thank you.  Your info is exactly what I needed and I
truly appreciate it.  People who take time to help others should truly
be applauded.  I have seen scores of replies from you to others so I
know you are one of the best contributors here.  In fact, I usually read
yours first just because of the quality of your replies.

However, was there that much need for the criticism and arrogance in
your reply?  Wouldn't it just be esier not to reply at all than start
off with a complaint about my HTML formatting, go to a critique of how I
formatted my 4 sentence email (paragraph for 4 sentences?), and finish
up by pointing out that I don't know much about voice T1s?

Regards,
Wiley