[Asterisk-Users] integrating with panasonic td-1232

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 22:36:43 MST 2005

The first question is how many channels do you want in between? if more then 10:
On the panasonic side you can use either:
T1 (I beleive the td1232 supports t1s, but if you are using a t1
already then you might not be able to put in anohter one) and
configure a dial plan that dials over that t1. or you can use analog
stations (maybe even E&M, I'm not sure) on the panasonic and make
those direct extensions in the dial plan.
On the * side:
I think t1 would be the easiest. Using a digium card, and a channel
bank if you are using analog on the panasonic side. If you are going
with channel bank and you are using E&M on the panasonic side, make
sure the channel bank supports E&M (adit 600 does).
If less then 10 channels:
Just use a sip ATA from the panasonic to *, on the panasonic side use
analog (or E&M and an ATA that supports E&M) stations, or analog
trunks.
To be able to access PSTN on either side:
On the * side it is very easy. On the panasonic side it might not be
so easy if the connection is a station and not T1, but I beleive it is
possible. I'm not so familiar with the td1232. On the smaller
panasonics it is not possibel according to my knowledge.
If the connection on the panasonic side is a turnk interface (t1, or
analog) then just use the ARS to do it.
In general a panasonic system is easier to configure for both
extension and PSTN access thru a trunk interface (at least on the
model I'm familiar with) than thru a station interface.