[Asterisk-Users] integrating with panasonic td-1232

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Tue Jan 4 16:22:49 MST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Shoval Tomer wrote:

> Anybody have an idea how to integrate * with a Panasonic td-1232?
>
> We one at the main office, and are installing * in a branch office.
>
> We'd like to be able to make calls from * extensions to Panasonic
> extensions and the other way around.
>
> Making outgoing calls from extensions one one side to lines on the other
> would be nice too.
>
> I can put another * machine at the main office, but what is the best way
> to integrate it with the Panasonic PBX?

One way is to put asterisk between the Panasonic kxtd-1232 and the pstn:
  pstn <-> asterisk <-> kxtd-1232

We used this method since the kxtd-1232 only supports resonable connection
methods (30 channel E1 pri) on the pstn (co line) side.

This works, but the Panasonic pbx does not see the asterisk extensions
as its own. The are several ways to handle this, none optimal. The problem
is that the kstd-1232 has no support for remote extensions, at least not
with the firmware we have loaded. Our users have to dial "0XXX" for
extensions not on the Panasonic.

I have seen some mention that such a feature may be available with the E&M
tie cards. However, I think they are only for a few lines.

Peter