[Asterisk-Users] manager API

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Tue Jan 4 20:28:14 MST 2005

Hello,

You are correct, it's a lot of data for each client to parse through and a
lot of data for the se5rver to be sending out. It would just be easier to
use an AGI to trigger an action on the client computer, or you could just
use astGUIclient which already does what you are trying to do:

http://astguiclient.sf.net

This software suite has a central manager queue as well as a collection of
AGI scripts and server scripts to do several things like incoming call popup
with callerID searching through a web browser as well as in-call recording
and conference calling of up to 6 channels on even a single line phone and
several other features.

It is free as in GPL and works on UNIX and Win32.

MATT---