[Asterisk-Users] Extensions to solve three way calling problem

PHP Mechanic oliver.bode at phpmechanic.com
Tue Jan 4 17:49:40 MST 2005

My daughter hates my phone system because she can't use the three way
function.

What should my extension.conf look like to solve this problem.

Without asterisk I can do the following without any trouble.

1. Establish a call with the first person. You can call them or they can
call you.
2. Press Three Way, or Flash/Recall on any other touch tone phone to put the
first person on hold.
3. Wait until you hear the dial tone.
4. Dial the number of the second person.
5. Wait until you hear the second line ringing.
6. Press Three Way or Flash/Recall and talk to the first person (they will
hear the ringing tone too).

However I have the following setup and I want to be able to do the same
thing and it just doesn't work.

analog phone <=> asterisk/tdm11b <=> pstn

Can this be done? Does anyone have some extensions they could share with me
which could achieve the same thing.