[Asterisk-Users] Newb howto request: *, Voice Pulse Connect, & SJPhone

Justin Richards driise at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:43:50 MST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:04:37 -0800, Dallas Jones
<dallas.jones at tech4learning.com> wrote:

> Can anyone out there explain how to successfully integrate my Voice Pulse
> Connect account into this config so the clients can make outbound calls? I
> tried using the sample configs provided by VoicePulse (after making the
> required edits), but to no avail. I have reverted back to the * At Home
> configs.

First stop if you haven't already check out http://www.voip-info.org
there is info on how to do just about everything.  VPconnect should
have a short setup doc, follow it completely for setting up your
iax.conf.  If i remember correctly they cover the extensions.conf
setup too.  to dial outbound, you need to have some type of outbound
dialplan in extensions.conf for example:

[outgoing]

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID(xxxxxxxxxx)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,SetCIDName(john doe)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,3,Dial(IAX2/account:password at gwiaxt01.voicepulse.com/${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,104,Dial(IAX2/account:password at gwiaxt02.voicepulse.com/${EXTEN})

make sure your sjphone's iax.conf config has access to the outbound context..