[Asterisk-Users] Newb howto request: *, Voice Pulse Connect, & SJPhone

Dallas Jones dallas.jones at tech4learning.com
Tue Jan 4 10:04:37 MST 2005

I have been picking at Asterisk for about a week, and I think I'm close. I
was hoping for a little guidance to bring this on home.

I want to be able to make outgoing calls from my SJPhone clients using my
VoicePulse Connect account. I have the two requisite items from Voice Pulse,
but I've had no luck successfully integrating the VoicePulse settings into
iax.conf.

My current config:

Asterisk at Home (vanilla install, except I added the two SJPhone clients
and extensions)
No FXO/FXS modules
Two SJPhone clients. Clients can dial one another using the Asterisk proxy,
so I think they're properly configured.

Can anyone out there explain how to successfully integrate my Voice Pulse
Connect account into this config so the clients can make outbound calls? I
tried using the sample configs provided by VoicePulse (after making the
required edits), but to no avail. I have reverted back to the * At Home
configs.

Thanks for any info.

-DJ