[Asterisk-Users] 'I'nvalid extension handling problems, even with workaround

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Tue Jan 4 09:38:04 MST 2005

> [not-in-service]
> exten => _.,1,Answer
> exten => _.,2,Wait(1)
> exten => _.,3,Playback(the-number-u-dialed)
> exten => _.,4,Playback(not-yet-assigned)
> exten => _.,5,Wait(2)
> exten => _.,6,Hangup
>
> The above is "included" as the last of several includes, forcing it to
> be the last choice if no other matches.

Yes, that would be a problem.

Let's imagine the following:

[internal]
include => not-in-service
exten => _2XX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})

Now, if somebody dials 300, it would go to not-in-service,_.,1 - right?
But if somebody dialed 200, it would go attempt to Dial(SIP/200). If
that call fails or when the call is over, it would go to
not-in-service,_.,2 - since that is a matched next "step" in the
dialplan.
--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 416.491.9136 (toronto)