[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk won't register with sipphone.com

Nathan Brookfield nathan at nab.net.au
Mon Jan 3 21:12:56 MST 2005

Hello All.

I started setting up my Asterisk system yesterday and everything was going
well, i have registered with sipphone.com and set-up my Asterisk system to
register with sipphone per the sip.conf file below.

It was registered perfectly but I could not receive calls so I added in the
line "insecure-very" and I then used the Washington DC access number to test
and the phone rang and the audio was fine.

About 20 seconds later I tried again and it did not work, after some
investigation I find that it is no longer registering, I have tired every
possible solution I can think and it still will not register.

I have used sip debug in the Console and it does not seem to be attempting
to Register, if I put the wrong password in the sip.conf file and watch the
debug it is not showing an authentication error or anything along those
lines?

Someone please help!!!

Sip.conf:

port=5060                       ; UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is
5060)

bindaddr=0.0.0.0                ; IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to
all)

srvlookup=yes                   ; Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls

externip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

localhost=10.0.0.15/255.255.255.0

#include "sip-phones.d/*.conf"

register=17476003384:xxx at proxy01.sipphone.com/701

[proxy01.sipphone.com]

type=friend

secret=xxx

username=17476003384

host=proxy01.sipphone.com

dtmfmode=inband

context=default

nat=yes

qualify=no

reinvite=no

canreinvite=no

insecure=very

Extensions.conf:

include => sip-forced

include => from-sipphone

[sip-forced]

exten => _3.,1,SetCallerID(${SIPPHONEUSERID})

exten => _3.,2,SetCIDName(${MYNAME})

exten => _3.,3,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@proxy01.sipphone.com)

exten => _3.,4,Playback(invalid)

exten => _3.,5,Hangup

[from-sipphone]

exten => ${SIPPHONEUSERID},1,Dial(${PHONES1},30,Ttm)

exten => ${SIPPHONEUSERID},2,Voicemail2(u${PHONES1VM})

exten => ${SIPPHONEUSERID},3,Hangup