[Asterisk-Users] Cisco Phones

Mon Jan 3 18:14:18 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 19:11 -0500, Garrett Smith wrote:
> I wouldn't consider it an advertisement. There was no price, etc. I was
> simply telling those that ordered from me previously I have more. It is
> easier to send one email to 100's, then 100's of emails. If you do not want

Yes, but you should use your own server + equipment + bandwidth to send
the emails to *your* customers, instead of someone else's...

> to save money, nor want the rest of your fellow members to have the
> opportunity to, I can stop.

Good, please do! You are wrong, so apologise, and amend your behaviour
for future.

>  Fortunately, there is enough interest in these
> phones coming from the non-business discussion list to warrant a small email
> alerting everyone to a great deal. I believe great pricing from supplier has
> been brought to everyone's attention numerous times in the past...

No, it isn't enough to warrant anything. Just because I sent 10 million
spam emails which offers a product that can immensely improve your ???
life, and 5000 people bought it from me, certainly doesn't warrant me
sending that spam in the first place, nor me re-sending it again later.

Spam is spam is spam.

For the rest of the people on this list, you might re-consider doing
business with spammers, we should NOT encourage them and this is why I
will go out of my way to spend money with companies that don't spam me.

Regards,
Adam

PS, as an added bonus for you:
Get your customers (and other people who enquire about your
products/prices) permission to send them announcement emails from time
to time, then you will have your own database of people to send email
to. You might even find that because they WANT your information, you
will get a better sale/email ratio.