[Asterisk-Users] 8 pstn lines+ on Asterisk supported hardware.

James Freire james.freire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:51:59 MST 2005

Hi Hadi,

I have been having troubles as well with the FXO/FXS cards from many
installations at customers I have performed. My company has decided to
forgo the FXO/FXS cards and now we use a T1 card with a channel bank.
The versitility and expandibility is tremendous. Plus I enjoy the fact
that I can punch down all the extensions into a 66 block.
We have used the zhone 10B channel bank, but they are a pain to use.
The best channel banks I have come across are from Rhino
www.channelbanks.com . They are totally auto config, just plug it in
and go. You might have to adjust the gain settings on them ,depending
on the phones. They are comming out with a model that can do FXO along
with FXS ports.

-James