[Asterisk-Users] Service contract for * in NYC area

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Mon Jan 3 11:01:16 MST 2005

Thank you , Bruno.
Your example is the proper way.

The real circumstances are apparent now, but I could be wrong, but will
take that one
chance.  The deception is quite clear, he is going to service this
customer anyhow, so the
distance wasn't the issue.  The real issue is likely that he was trying
to sell the customer his
proprietary solution and was asked back, can't we run Asterisk, it's a
lot cheaper. In danger
of loosing his sale, he thought he can get one of the * people on the
list to do the expert work
work for him.

Brian:  Regarding slander...
Your comment is totally unqualified,  I was obviously involved, and
there is nothing slanderous
about my comments. I you don't have anything to say of substance don't
say anything, there is
already enough garbage floating around. Are you the one to protect us
from slander?

Finally, if deception and dishonesty are more noble than the exposure
thereof, I will take on
that challenge anytime.
People on this list generally either seek help in earnest, or provide it
in great amplitude in a
remarkably unselfish fashion. There is no reason to seek assistance in
disguise and convoluted intent.
The displayed attitude is exactly what ruined the trust and
relationships in the Usenet system (and Internet)
many, many years ago, too long ago for most here to remember, likely.  I
suggest exposure of
unsuitable practices is almost all we can do to clean this business of
unsuitable participants.
This business is finally picking up steam and we don't need unqualified
people selling solutions
they can't support or implement properly or honestly. I would gladly
seek sincere help from
others, if I think I can't service a customer, or else rather decline
the opportunity.

That said, I waisted enough of my time on this, which could have been
spent more constructively
with people that have real needs.

Karl Brose