[Asterisk-Users] Indications UK - cant get away from american sounding dial tone

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sun Jan 2 16:49:52 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 10:38, C F wrote:
> Maybe some light finaly.
> The only thing the English and Americans don't have in common is the
> Langauge. I wish they would change their PSTN signaling to the
> american way so this statement becomes true. Would you be the one to
> start?

"Two nations divided by a common language" - Winston Churchill.

> It's Sunday and I need a break so I decided to go thru the list, so I
> had to laugh to myself when reading this and decided to write this I
> hope someone elae finds this amusing as well.

Why would we want to move away from the UK dial tones?  They work well
there and in most other parts of the Commonwealth, and to my mind they
make more sense that the US tones.

> On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:25:42 +1100, Howard Lowndes <lannet at lannet.com.au> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 09:59, Andrew Brown wrote:
> > > Have a problem which can't find solution to on WIKI..
> > >
> > > Trying to get * to use UK based indication tones. i.e. british ring, dial
> > > tone, busy signal.
> > >
> > > Have changed the indications.conf file to default to UK. However this seems
> > > to have no affect. What am i missing. Am using 1.0.3 stable.
> >
> > Have a look in /etc/zaptel.conf if you are using zap devices.
> >

> > > Many thanks
> > >
> > > Andrew.
> > > ----------------------
> > > indications.conf
> > >
> > > [general]
> > > country=uk
> > >
> > > [uk]
> > > description = United Kingdom
> > > ringcadance = 400,200,400,2000
> > > dial = 350+440
> > > busy = 400/375,0/375
> > > ring = 400+450/400,0/200,400+450/400,0/2000
> > > congestion = 400/400,0/350,400/225,0/525
> > > callwaiting = 440/100,0/4000
> > > dialrecall = 350+440
> > > ; XXX Not sure about the RECORDTONE
> > > record = 1400/500,0/10000
> > > info = 950/330,1400/330,1800/330

> > --
> > Howard.
> > LANNet Computing Associates;
> > Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates;
Your Linux people <http://www.lannetlinux.com>
"When you just want a system that works, you choose Linux;
when you want a system that just works, you choose Microsoft."