[Asterisk-Users] remote location.

Satchid satchid at telenet.be
Sun Jan 2 06:26:14 MST 2005

What about the "wisip" VOIP handset?

And how do I proceed?

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of tim panton
Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 12:34 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] remote location.

On 2 Jan 2005, at 10:04, Satchid wrote:

> Dear members,
>
> I have 2 locations with broadband internet. There will be an * on one
> location and Wifi stations on both locations. The locations are to far
> away
> to have the Wifi covering the distance. I want to use about 12 2000W
> Portables phones on both places. The Wifi stations will not carry data
> for
> computers, only VOIP.
>
> How would I proceed to be able to use the Portable phones on both
> locations?
> What hardware and/or what software do I need? Do I have to use VPN?

A VPN would simplify your routing.

A word on the 2000W's though, I advise you to buy or
borrow a couple and make sure you can find a config
you and your users are happy with.

I'm currently doing something similar, and I've found some
issues that I need to work through before I commit to
deployment:
	1) The phones can't do WEP on a high bandwidth codec
(at least not against my 3Com access point) If you disable
WEP then they sound ok.
	2) Every now and then they fall back to g729 for no clear
reason, which is a shame cos I don't yet have a license for
g729 on * !
	3) The phones lack features that your users may expect.
You can plug some of the holes with * features.
	4) You will need to be careful with the selection of the
codec if you want to get 6+ channels down an asymmetrical
broardband (mine's 256k up and 512 down).

So I strongly advise a thorough prototype !

Tim.

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: