[Asterisk-Users] Qs about FXO/FXS cards

Steven P. Donegan steve at donegan.org
Sat Jan 1 18:03:19 MST 2005

Nabeel Jafferali wrote:

>>Except for the little problem I've fought for about a week
>>without any Joy - no combination of efforts from numerous
>>sources (wiki, this forum members, my efforts) has succeeded
>>in a spa-3000/asterisk combination that actually works. If
>>you have specific spa-3000 and asterisk configs that actually
>>work with both spa-3000 ports I'd sure like to have you share them.
>>

>I have managed to get it work, though I don't use it now. You set up
>some random SIP account on your * server and feed that authentication
>information into the PSTN Line VoIP settings. You then enable the
>PSTN-to-VoIP gateway, set PSTN Caller ID Pattern to *, then set
>call-forwarding under PSTN User to:
>
>Cfwd Sel1 Caller: *
>Cfwd Sel1 Dest: 123
>
>where 123 is an extension in the context that the SIP account on the *
>server is in.

I've been down that road - Asterisk reports an error (see the forum
history for the exact error message as my server is currently offline
awaiting a replacement TDM400 card). If you and other folks who have
this working would manage to screen shot the exact sipura configuration
- all pages (just so no little forgotten tweak gets by) and the sip.conf
and extensions.conf sections I'll give this another go. Hmmm, silly me,
error message was in outbound email queue - so here it is again:

Dec 31 12:03:55 NOTICE[7145]: chan_sip.c:7486 handle_request: Failed to
authenticate user WIRELESS CALLER
<sip:714XXXXXXX at 1.0.24.5>;tag=83eaec7dcb80f5feo1