[Asterisk-Users] spandsp app_rxfax - the sending software loops

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 11:05:54 MST 2005

Hi,

After a hiatus of several months, I decided to try spandsp again
because it is such an excellent addition to asterisk. Using 1.0.3 and
spandsp 0.0.1k.

When I send a fax from a laptop software fax that works with every
machine I've ever had to fax to, I get something like this as staus
return from the fax sending software:

- Getting Local ID
- Getting Parameters

and it loops like this forever until I cancel. On the * end, the fax
is detected properly, the app called and it even sends my a bad PDF of
about 2k.

One of our customers has a regular hardware fax and it can't talk to
spandsp either, or couldn't last time I tried. I have gotten spandsp
to work with one fax only, that was jfax (now j2.com) Ironically, J2
is exactly the service I want to replace with rxfax!

I've seen plenty about frame errors and such but nothing about the
symptoms I describe.

Anyone have any ideas?

Otherwise I'll keep waiting and retrying.