[Asterisk-Users] Re: TE410P not Interrupting

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 11:02:14 MST 2005

In article <4acda1b40412302118791d6f1e at mail.gmail.com>,
Eric Bishop <asterisk.eric at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just got a brand new server and a Digium TE410P. I get the sequential
> (knight rider) lights before loading the zaptel driver. As soon as I
> load the driver all loghts go off. It appears the card is not
> generating interrupts.
>
> [root at test ~]# cat /proc/interrupts
>           CPU0
>  0:  111005341    IO-APIC-edge  timer
>  1:          9    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
>  8:          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
>  9:          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
> 12:         66    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
> 14:       7870    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
> 185:          0   IO-APIC-level  t4xxp
> 193:      26141   IO-APIC-level  cciss0
> 201:    1139611   IO-APIC-level  eth0
> NMI:          0
> LOC:  111010062
> ERR:          0
> MIS:          0
> [root at test ~]#
>
> Have also tried replacing the card, changinf PCI slots and messing
> with the BIOS all with the same result. If anyone can help I would be
> very grateful..

I have found this on one particular server (a 1U industrial server),
and it was traced to a faulty backplane not connecting the IRQ line.

As a test, try replacing the TE410P with a different PCI card that you
know works in another computer, e.g. an Ethernet card. See if it
initializes and generates interrupts. If not, then your problem is
on the PCI bus somewhere.

Cheers
Tony
--