[Asterisk-Users] DSL splitters and FXO signalling (hangup detection problem)

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Mon Feb 28 15:49:35 MST 2005

Hi all,

My * is connected to the same line as my ADSL, of course with an attached
splitter. The problem is that * cannot detect remote side hangups and
continues to service the Zap FXO channel. I tried ks, ls, and gs, without
success, and I think I've read most of the relevant documentation and wiki
pages. I did google search also.

It could of course be that my telco does not provide disconnect supervision,
but I doubt that. I'll check it with my telco, but for now, I am wondering
if DSL splitters interfere with the FXO signalling in anyway. (I mean
polarity switch and such things that help * detect hangups).

I would appreciate if anyone could help.
Soner