[Asterisk-Users] Weird behaviour on incoming DIDs

beonice beonice at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 14:57:59 MST 2005

--- Michael Loftis <mloftis at wgops.com> wrote:

> --On Monday, February 28, 2005 08:46 -0800 beonice
> <beonice at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >  -- snipped --
> > When _I_ dial
> > either DID, I get exactly the same behaviour that
> > have specified (the call is answered, and then I
> play
> > my own welcome mesage, then handle any extension
> > dialed).
> >
> > However, when one of my friends dials in, the 415
> DID
> > consistently works as designed, but the 650 DID
> > sometimes just tells him goodbye, and then hangs
> up on
> > him!

 ... snipped

> How are these DIDs being delivered?  SIP, IAX, PRI?
> Either way I would
> connect to my asterisk console in verbose mode (set
> verbose 255) and get
> someone to call and then see whats different about
> the failed call versus
> the successful calls.

The DIDs are delivered via IAX. Yes, I've now set
verbose to extremely high, but of course, the problem
isn't happening right now. :)

I'll keep monitoring it ... it looks like there may be
something happening when I call that 650 DID that
clears up the problem, then repeated calls from
outside cause the weirdness again. Of course, then he
tells me it's broken, so I try calling it, which
clears up whatever the problem was. At least that is
what the _symptom_ is. :)

Thanks,
Maya