[Asterisk-Users] Dial out through Broadvoice

John Millican john at millican.us
Mon Feb 28 11:48:54 MST 2005

On Monday February 28 2005 1:17 pm, Roger Hanson wrote:
> see bottom
<snip>

<snip>

=>603xxxxxxx at sip.broadvoice.com:XXXXXXXXXX:603XXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com

> > Added insecure=very and same message

> > Registration seems to work and shows as registered when i run sip show
> > registry.
> >

> >I have been on the support line with broadvoice several times now >and
> >still no
> >resolution, so I am askking help again, please.  Below is sip show
> >
> > >registry
> >
> >and a sip debug.  Does any one have any sugestions?  I followed >the
> >instrution at http://edvina.net/broadvoice/ along with others and
> >
> > >sytill no
> >
> >luck on outbound calls.  in the sip debug it is showing the internal
> >
> > >ip in
> >
> >the callid field.  I have externip= external ip in sip .conf  am i
> >
> > >missing
> >
> >something else?
> >
> >linux*CLI> sip show registry
> >Host                            Username       Refresh State
> >sip.broadvoice.com:5060         6039621405 at s        15 >Registered

> Did you add:
> insecure=very
> to your config?  I don't see it posted.  I'm nearly positive it needs to
> be in there.
>
> If that didn't work, did you try the simple registration string instead
> of the one Broadvoice tells you to use?
> number:password at sip.broadvoice.com
>
> I'm not exactly sure which of the above fixed the same problem for me -
> but one of them did.  When I did a sip show registry, it showed I was
> registered, but I still couldn't make outbound calls until I did both
> items above.  These things may not work for you, but why not at least
> try them?  If they don't work, let us know you at least tried them and
> it didn't work.
>
> Are you using the password Broadvoice emailed you instead of the one you
> registered on their website?
>
> Another thing I'd try - eliminate the Broadvoice Proxy for now and try
> to get working so you can make an outbound call.  Then try messing with
> the proxy.
>
> Here's my portion of sip.conf
>
> [952nnnnnnn]
> type=friend
> secret=passwordhere
> regexten=952nnnnnnn
> insecure=very
> host=sip.broadvoice.com
> fromuser=952nnnnnnn
> fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
> dtmfmode=inband
> context=from-pstn
> canreinvite=yes
>
> Remember, the password you need to use is not the one you signed up with
> on the broadvoice website - it's the one they emailed you.
>
> I use a standard register string:
>
> register=952nnnnnnn:password at sip.broadvoice.com
>
> I can tx/rx calls over Broadvoice just fine.
>
> asterisk*CLI> sip show registry
> Host                            Username       Refresh State
> sip.broadvoice.com:5060         952nnnnnnn          15 Registered
> asterisk*CLI>

I added insecure=very and went with the standard registration(as mentioned
above) and still the same error.
I added sip.broadvoice.com to the /etc/hosts,  same error.
pointed sip.broadvoice.com in hosts to proxy.mia.broadvoice.com's ip, same
error. tried all the other listed proxy's, no dial out.
I am totaly stumped.  Am i not providing some helpfull info?  If not tell me
what i am missing and i will get it.  I am sure I have missed somethins but i
do not know what/
I greatly apreciate all the help so far.
John Millican