[Asterisk-Users] Dial out through Broadvoice

Roger Hanson roger at makarios.us
Mon Feb 28 11:17:21 MST 2005

see bottom
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Millican" <john at millican.us>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Dial out through Broadvoice

On Saturday February 26 2005 4:45 pm, John Millican wrote:
> On Saturday February 26 2005 4:30 pm, Chris Ford wrote:
> > I tried to call you number to see what I would get and you have a
> > verizon
> > Voice messaging service.
>
> if you called the 6037862111 that is a voicemail number tyhat i was
> calling
> to test knowing it would not be busy and would not bother anyone.
>
> > Make sure you have your iax set up right in the Iax.conf and your
> > outbaound registering string going back out.
> > I have mine set up that I dial 6 to get out on my broadvoice line
> > and 9
> > to get out on my voice pulse line.
>
> I am not using IAX at all.  Did not think broadvoice supported it, am
> wrong?
>
>  More Comments at BOTTOM

> > > following:

> > > one think

> > > call

> > > @proxy.bos.broadvoice.com,30) ;

> > > calls

> > > port is 5060)

> > > (0.0.0.0 binds to all)

> > > calls

> > > host

> > > the

> > > domain

> > > Internet

> > > 6039621405 at sip.broadvoice.com:XXXXXXXXXX:603XXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com

> > > Try adding this line to sip:
> > > insecure=very
>
> Added insecure=very and same message
>
> > > see if that helps.  if not, try a standard registration string
> > > instead
> > > of the one broadvoice tells you to use.
> > >
> > > Also - make sure you're using the password they sent you in an
> > > email -
> > > not the one you used when you signed up on their website.
>
> Registration seems to work and shows as registered when i run sip show
> registry.
>

>I have been on the support line with broadvoice several times now >and
>still no
>resolution, so I am askking help again, please.  Below is sip show
> >registry
>and a sip debug.  Does any one have any sugestions?  I followed >the
>instrution at http://edvina.net/broadvoice/ along with others and
> >sytill no
>luck on outbound calls.  in the sip debug it is showing the internal
> >ip in
>the callid field.  I have externip= external ip in sip .conf  am i
> >missing
>something else?
>
>linux*CLI> sip show registry
>Host                            Username       Refresh State
>sip.broadvoice.com:5060         6039621405 at s        15 >Registered

Did you add:
insecure=very
to your config?  I don't see it posted.  I'm nearly positive it needs to
be in there.

If that didn't work, did you try the simple registration string instead
of the one Broadvoice tells you to use?
number:password at sip.broadvoice.com

I'm not exactly sure which of the above fixed the same problem for me -
but one of them did.  When I did a sip show registry, it showed I was
registered, but I still couldn't make outbound calls until I did both
items above.  These things may not work for you, but why not at least
try them?  If they don't work, let us know you at least tried them and
it didn't work.

Are you using the password Broadvoice emailed you instead of the one you
registered on their website?

Another thing I'd try - eliminate the Broadvoice Proxy for now and try
to get working so you can make an outbound call.  Then try messing with
the proxy.

Here's my portion of sip.conf

[952nnnnnnn]
type=friend
secret=passwordhere
regexten=952nnnnnnn
insecure=very
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=952nnnnnnn
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
dtmfmode=inband
context=from-pstn
canreinvite=yes

Remember, the password you need to use is not the one you signed up with
on the broadvoice website - it's the one they emailed you.

I use a standard register string:

register=952nnnnnnn:password at sip.broadvoice.com

I can tx/rx calls over Broadvoice just fine.

asterisk*CLI> sip show registry
Host                            Username       Refresh State
sip.broadvoice.com:5060         952nnnnnnn          15 Registered
asterisk*CLI>