[Asterisk-Users] Re: T.38 fax summary

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon Feb 28 07:10:38 MST 2005

>> 1) Get a 4-port TDM card and install it into your Asterisk box.
>> Connect the TDM ports to your modem ports.  Then forward incoming
>> calls on fax DIDs to those TDM ports.
>
> Digium TDM 4 fxs is not really a good choice for a faxing system. I've
> tested it for a while.
> You should read old messages here about it.

Faxes coming in from PSTN DID's going directly to a TDM card is a very
good and reliable solution.  In this setup the fax call can be directly
bridged from the PSTN to your fax machine with no codecs or lossy
compression, etc.  This is exactly the solution I've been using for two
production fax setups, and they have worked under heavy usage without
any issues since I put them in (about 3 months).