[Asterisk-Users] No Agents Catch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Feb 27 23:47:08 MST 2005

Anton Krall wrote:
> I would like hear some advice from the guys using queues... seems that if no
> agents are logged and a caller tries to enter a queue, asterisk just hangs
> up on the caller... is there a way to define some sort of catchall so that
> the caller can hear a message or maybe leave a message on a voicemail ?

It's well documented what will happen here (and someone else already
responded to your previous message, which you seem to have ignored).

If the queue cannot accept callers (because there are no agents logged
in and 'joinifempty' is not turned on), then the Queue application will
just exit and your dialplan will continue executing. You can do whatever
you like at that point. Asterisk will only hang up the call if you don't
give it something else to do.