[Asterisk-Users] DISA and a long delay; ideas?

C. Tomlinson asterisk_list at burntwires.com
Sun Feb 27 10:16:36 MST 2005

Hi,

I have just setup a DISA setup whereby people can dial in, authenticate, are
given a dialtone and can then call out.

Everything works however there is a 10 second delay after the user enters
the number and presses #, until the system does anything.

Here is the relevant section from my extensions.conf:

[dialtone]

exten => s,1,Authenticate(1234)

exten => s,2,DISA(no-password|dialtone_outgoing)

[dialtone_outgoing]

exten => _01.,1,Dial(${OUTGOING}/44${EXTEN:1},30,L(60000:30000:10000))

exten => _07.,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)

The call gets dropped into the dialtone context fine.

The authentication works fine

The user is given a dialtone fine.

If the user dials a 01 number, the call goes out.

If the user dials an 07 number, then the message plays back.

HOWEVER there is a 10 second delay between the dialing (followed by #) and
the system doing anything.

Watching the log with verbosity set to 16, no messages occur in the
10seconds.

Any ideas; do I have the dialplan correct?

Thanks

  _____