[Asterisk-Users] DIALSTATUS with X100P

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Feb 27 06:51:48 MST 2005

> I'm having an issue with my current configuration.  I have a single
> PSTN line connected to an X100P and a couple IAX trunks to NuFone and
> VoipJet.  When I make an outbound call it doesn't properly detect if
> my PSTN line is in use with another call and then overflow to my
> outbound IAX connections.  I think the root cause is that DIALSTATUS
> gets reported as BUSY instead of CHANUNAVAIL.  I don't want simply
> change the logic in my dialplan to try the IAX on a DIALSTATUS=BUSY
> because then a truely busy destination number would get treated the
> same as a my PSTN being in use.

Is the x100p pstn line busy because another asterisk-based call is
in progress, or, are you trying to detect a busy when a bridged analog
phone is using the shared pstn line?

In the first case, there has been lots of postings relative to how
to determine when asterisk has the x100p/tdm line in use. As I recall,
setgroup was one keyword associated with it. Another way is to keep
track of call counts, writing the count via dbput and checking its
value via dbget. But, covering the hangup (and decrementing the
count) might take a little effort to cover every possible event.

In the second case, asterisk does not contain any code that would
reliably detect whether an analog phone bridged on the pstn line is
in use.