[Asterisk-Users] Weird Delay (> 30 sec)

niels at wxn.nl niels at wxn.nl
Sun Feb 27 06:47:05 MST 2005

Hello all!

Has anyone expirienced the following:?

With an IAXclient softphone (like diax/iaxcomm/etc) Dialing to the PSTN
(zap) or a SIP device has no problems .. but when I make calls between 2
softphones I have weird problems....

in about 4 out of 10 IAX-2-IAX softphone calls I get a big delay .. in
the beginning of the call it's all okay... (delay < 0.5 sec) but the
longer the call takes, the bigger the delay gets ... if I wait enough
time the delay can even rise up to more than a minute and even worse..
when this happens I also see the memory usage of the softphone rise with
about 20 kb per second.. so it's clearly building up a big audio buffer
that just gets bigger and bigger and the delay getting longer and longer

Has anyone else expirienced this too? Is there anything I can do about
this?