[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk in front of Toshiba CTX

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Sat Feb 26 17:16:58 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:13:26 -0700
From: "Daniel Burget" <dburget at browz.com>
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk in front of Toshiba CTX
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

I have googled, and wiki'ed until blue. Is it possible to put
T1---*----Toshiba CTX ? I have a TE405P, with one interface programmed
for the T1, I am not sure how to program the 2nd port to mimick the T1
to the Toshiba. The Zapata.conf

[channels]

switchtype=national

context=from-pstn

signalling=pri_cpe

usecallerid=asreceived

echocancel=yes

echocancelwhenbridged=no

echotraining=400

overlapdial=yes

immediate=no

group=0

channel => 1-23

-add the 2nd span to your config changing only the following parameters

-context=from-trashiba		;this is optional, you could use the same
context and sort things out in the dialplan but this makes it cleaner.
-signalling=pri_net
-group=1
-channel= 25-47

Zaptel.conf

bchan=1-23

dchan=24

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs

-bchan=25-47
-dchan=48
-span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs

-your extensions.conf will have the context including the extensions that *
serves and at the bottom of that context use an include statement pointing
to another context like:

[trashiba_extensions]

Exten= _5XXX,Dial(Zap/G1/${EXTEN})		;assuming 5XXX extensions
numbers on the trashiba

This works for the T1 into *, or Into Toshiba. I want the calls to go
into *, if they don't match exten.conf to go to the Toshiba. If the
Toshiba dials out, It goes into * and out via sip. So, the T1 will be
for internal DID only.

Is this possible, or am I chasing a dream?

-you are working with *.  It is a dream.  It is a good dream.  And the
answer is always "yes it is possible".
-try that, it should work.

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com