[Asterisk-Users] Wildcard failing to load on asterisk@home

Robbie Hughes spam at dynsysgroup.com
Sat Feb 26 04:54:55 MST 2005

I have a E110P which I can't seem to make function and i think it has
something to do with interrupts, but I've never had to deal with them
before and was wondering if someone could offer some guidance.

a modprope zaptel loads fine.
when i then do
modprobe wcte11xp

i get the following:
/lib/modules/2.4.21-27.0.1.EL/misc/wcte11xp.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
       You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.21-27.0.1.EL/misc/wcte11xp.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.21-27.0.1.EL/misc/wcte11xp.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.21-27.0.1.EL/misc/wcte11xp.o: insmod wcte11xp failed

I then went to
# cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0
   0:    5200010          XT-PIC  timer
   1:          3          XT-PIC  keyboard
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   5:      50373          XT-PIC  ide0
   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  10:     661881          XT-PIC  usb-ohci, eth0
  14:          0          XT-PIC  ide2
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

and i don't see my wildcard, but...

#dmesg
[snip]
Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Specify address with base=0xNNNNN
Registered Tormenta2 PCI
usb.c: registered new driver wcusb
Wildcard USB FXS Interface driver registered
[snip]

(should that be usb fxs??)
and then a

# lspci -bv
[snip]

00:05.0 System peripheral: Compaq Computer Corporation Advanced System
Management Controller
         Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation: Unknown device b0f3
         Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
         I/O ports at 1800
         Memory at f5fe0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

00:08.0 Network controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN
interface
         Subsystem: Unknown device 795e:0001
         I/O ports at 2800
         Memory at f5fd0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

[snip]

shows my card is there, but sharing an IRQ with something else.

my zaptel.conf is

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

and
# ztcfg -v

Zaptel Configuration
======================

SPAN 1: CCS/HDB3 Build-out: 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

31 channels configured.

ZT_SPANCONFIG failed on span 1: No such device or address (6)

which i guess makes sense...

Now, I'm a bit stuck as to the correct procedure for correcting this.
Should I move the card to another slot, try going into the BIOS and
allocating another IRQ no manually? is it even that that is causing the
problem. (I haven't tried these yet as getting to the box is tricky, but
if that will fix then i will obv make the trip)

Could anyone advise me how to proceed further on this? This is my first
zaptel/PRI build after numerous SIP and CAPI configs without problems...
I'm hoping it is something simple, but i've never fiddled with IRQs
before and just need someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance