[Asterisk-Users] FW: Getting PHP Config to work?

C. Tomlinson asterisk_list at burntwires.com
Sat Feb 26 04:46:56 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: C. Tomlinson [mailto:asterisk_list at burntwires.com]
Sent: 26 February 2005 11:39
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] FW: Getting PHP Config to work?

Hi Tzafrir,

I do accept that there are many security issues with this setup. I am fairly
ignorant of the exact problems due to my lack of knowledge. However I agree
with the post in the previous thread:

"If the asterisk server is reachable from the outside over http or other
unsecure protocols, it would be really dangerous.
But in a trusty intranet-environment, where firewalls block every attempt to
access the asterisk server from the outside, this "solution" should be save
enough, even if nothing is really save enough ;-) .

Guido Hecken"

What exactly do you mean by an sftp based setup? Is this like the builtin
editor in WinSCP?

Phpconfig allows me to change the config by any pc on my LAN, using windows,
mac, pocket pc(have to test this one) etc. This is handy for me for testing.
I like the flexibility it gives me. The * box is behind a NAT firewall, the
only ports open being those for IAX. If I setup a VPN in the future I will
be able to access the phpconfig files securely (?) via that. It may not
suite everyone.

Maybe the 777 CHMOD could be done better, but this was the way it worked for
me. I am fairly new to Linux and *, so my methods will not be the best.

Thanks for all the information....if I get to a production box I will
probably not use phpconfig!