[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 304

David Josephson dlj at altaphon.com
Fri Feb 25 13:19:31 MST 2005

Daniel Nystrom wrote

> It seems like the Radio discussions is closing in on something I was
> interested in.
> How about controlling 30 2-way radios via E1 and 30-channel "Mux"
> (channel bank?) with E&M signalling?
> I think the Mux uses CAS and each channel has Audio out, PTT, Audio
> IN, Busy. 6-wire connection i guess?
> That should be a really nice setup with Asterisk!
> Anyone tried something like this?

We didn't do it with Asterisk, but a group I have been part of for about 30 years is doing this in northern California using homemade crossbar switches and Mitel PBXs and T1. Obviously we are more than a little interested in Asterisk.

One last time - go read Jim Dixon's app_rpt stuff, that looks like the place to start.

Now we need someone to write a module to emulate an IMTS base station and our telco will be complete ;)