[Asterisk-Users] Question of SER to Asterisk to PSTN

Charles Wang lazy.charles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:00:50 MST 2005

Dear ALL:

My scenario lists below:

Assume: UA1 with sip id "1011"
              And dial number to PSTN is "0939749xxx"
              There is no modification rule at my CISCO.
              (It will not change any dialed number)

UA1 ==> SER ==> UA2
(SIP to SIP)
UA1 ==> SER ==> Asterisk ==> CISCO 5300 ==> PSTN  (SIP to PSTN)
             port:5060  port:5065        port:5060
             IP:xxx.xxx.190.248        IP:xxx.xxx.190.243
            (On the same server)      (On another server)

I know how to forward a call from ser to CISCO 5300. And I have done it ever.
UA1 ==> SER ==> CISCO 5300 ==> PSTN

Now I modify the ser.cfg, and want to forward all calls to PSTN to the
port 5065 of Asterisk on the same server.
And Asterisk should accept the call and forward it to PSTN via CISCO 5300.

1. UA1's SER SIP id is "1011"
  (Assume all SIP account is 4 digists and first leader number is not zero)
2. UA1 want to dial my mobile phone number  0939749xxx
3. CISCO will forward this call to PSTN,

I only modify extensions.conf & sip.conf.

I can make a call from UA1 to 0939749xxx via SER and Asterisk to CISCO.
But I can not hear any voice in UA1 or my mobile phone.

What's wrong in my setting? Does Anybody help me?

Thank you for your kind to read and answer my question.

PS: How can I set the maxinum log level to /var/log/asterisk/messages ?
      I start my asterisk with the sample of redhat and
"/etc/init.d/asterisk restart".

Best Regard
Charles

In my extensions.conf:
[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=no

[globals]
SERADDRESS=xxx.xxx.190.248:5060
CISCOADDRESS=xxx.xxx.190.243:5060

[ser]
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@${CISCOADDRESS},60)

[cisco5300]
exten => 1055,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@${CISCOADDRESS},60)

In my sip.conf:
[general]
context=ser
port=5065
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
register => 1055:1055 at ser.xxx.net.tw   ; using to register to SER SIP server

[cisco5300_pstn]
type=friend
defaultip=xxx.xxx.190.243
amaflags=default               ; Choices are default, omit, billing,
documentation
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw