[Asterisk-Users] Delay after entering digits with IVR

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Feb 24 19:18:22 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:49 -0800, Richard J. Sears wrote:
> I have a [start] context that all my inbound and '0' calls are routed
> into.
>
> Because of the way I want to set my system up, I want to prompt the user
> to enter a 1 if they know the extension, or a 2 for a directory and
> nothing else.
>
> It works, however there is a 5 to 10 second delay after enter the 1 or 2
> before the system responds.
>
> I have read over the wiki on how asterisk handles digit inputs, but
> cannot seem to isolate the problem. No other extension beginning with
> (or even including) a '1' or a '2'.
>
> Is this just how the system operates, or am I missing something..?

If That is the entirety of your start context, then it shouldn't be
doing any delay between detection and beginning action.

So my question is, is it possible that the delay is actually in the next
step such as the goto that jumps out to a different extension and
context or in the starting of the directory app.