[Asterisk-Users] Transfer a call ? Am I looking for the flash command ?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Feb 24 18:08:36 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 00:50 +0100, Mateo Meier wrote:
> Hey Guys
>
> Im trying to forward a call with asterisk to a regular phone.
>
> Something like " I get a call on my regular phone, and he's trying to reach
> some buddy of mine.. then I tell him "wait a sec" and push "Flash" and get a
> other dialtone.. then I dial that other number then hangup the phone, so the
> one that called will be connected to where I dialed it to"...
>
> Some buddy of mine told me im looking for a function called "flash"
>
> Only thing Im able to find is:
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20Flash
>
> Im unsure how to use it now..
>
> Let's say if I forward a call with asterisk as following:
> exten => 2,1,Dial(capi/720****:07812345*,18)
>
> How would I use the flash command to transfer that call above to 078 12345*
> ?
> I have no problem transferring a call, but when Im doing this with the dial
> command (see above).. then my line will be busy

Been covered before, You can't do that on an analog line. Problem comes
from where you are and what flash would be working on at that point. If
you flash asterisk and get dialtone again, you are getting the dialtone
from asterisk. At this point the only channel being worked is the one
you are on and flashing it won't help.

What you would need to do is get the other leg of the call to make the
flash.

Of course if you where on a PRI link, you could do "hairpinning", "ect"
or "tromboning" and get the call taken back by the PSTN and transferred
to the new number.