[Asterisk-Users] Transfer a call ? Am I looking for the flash command ?

Mateo Meier ich at mateo.ch
Thu Feb 24 16:50:18 MST 2005

Hey Guys

Im trying to forward a call with asterisk to a regular phone.

Something like " I get a call on my regular phone, and he's trying to reach
some buddy of mine.. then I tell him "wait a sec" and push "Flash" and get a
other dialtone.. then I dial that other number then hangup the phone, so the
one that called will be connected to where I dialed it to"...

Some buddy of mine told me im looking for a function called "flash"

Only thing Im able to find is:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20Flash

Im unsure how to use it now..

Let's say if I forward a call with asterisk as following:
exten => 2,1,Dial(capi/720****:07812345*,18)

How would I use the flash command to transfer that call above to 078 12345*
?
I have no problem transferring a call, but when Im doing this with the dial
command (see above).. then my line will be busy

Thx for all your help.. ;-))
Matt