[Asterisk-Users] how do I dial extensions with oh323?

George K. Konstantoulakis gkon at inaccessnetworks.com
Thu Feb 24 15:26:40 MST 2005

Nathan C. Smith wrote:

>I have InAccess Networks' oh323 installed and partially working.  I can call
>the h.323 phone from asterisk using Dial(oh323/${IP_ADDRESS}).  How do I
>dial from the phone to an asterisk extension?  It does not appear to me that
>the phone actually registers (or attempts to register) with asterisk.

No registration is needed.
chan_oh323 matches contexts with prefix .
So if  you want  to have an incomming call like  123456@ .....
to go to h323-users conetxt
you should have in your [register] section in  oh323.conf
a prefix like :

[register]

context=h323-users
gwprefix=12       ;;; this will match incomming calls starting with 12
                          ;;; so 123456 will be matched here.

context=h323-power-users
gwprefix=99

the above routes incomming calls starting with 12  -> [h323-users]

99  -> [h323-power-users]
etc....