[Asterisk-Users] Problem connecting a TE410P to an E1/IP equipment

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Wed Feb 23 17:46:36 MST 2005

To test the TE410P itself, you can construct a simple cross-over cable
by hacking up a short CAT-5 cable as you describe:
1 - 4
2 - 5
4 - 1
5 - 2

Note that a CAT5 crossover cable will not work.  Once you've done this,
set up two spans on your TE410P as you've done it, except that one of
them should be CPE and the other one NET in zapata.conf.  Now calls
originated on any of the 30 channels on one span will appear as incoming
on the other one.  I don't think the clock source as set in zaptel makes
any difference for these purposes, as it's specifying the clock source
for functions like meet-me, not the framing clock which is derived from
the E1 signal itself.

One last thing is to check the jumpers on the card itself to make sure
they are set for E1.  (doesn't look like this is the problem tho)

And, finally, actually shut the system all the way down, including
power, and reboot to make sure new settings are loaded into the TE410.
I think this is a design shortcoming in the card that it's possible for
it not to clear it's settings even on a restart (without power down)

With the setup above, you should get green lights on the connected
spans, and should be able to send calls from one to the other.  By the
way, to initiate outbound calls use the .call file facility (see the Wiki)

Good luck!

Scott Stingel
President
Emerging Voice Technology, Inc.