[Asterisk-Users] Problem connecting a TE410P to an E1/IP equipment

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 23 13:33:36 MST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> >Both end are configured for ccs hdb3. For clock, I used
> >span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> >
> >As I understand this means that the card will get its synchronization
> >source from the other end right? And at the other end I have configured
> >the equipment to take its source from the system clock, or from another
> >E1 link. None of them removed the LOF alarm on the link to my asterisk
>
> That looks to be correct. Have you done any loopback testing to make
> that the TE410P is working correctly, and that the E1 ports on the other
> equipment are working correctly?

I guess I need some special equipment to do the tests, right?
Unfortunately I don't have any such tool :( Maybe I can try to connect
the card to some other E1 equipment.

One question: I'm not sure if this equipment requires a "cross" or a
straight cable. I tried with a straight one, and since I got the green
LED I assumed it was correct. But could it be that I need to cross the
cable? I mean send pin 1 and 2 to 4 and 5? If so would the green LED be
lit?

Thanks,
Johan.

Thanks,