[Asterisk-Users] List tips for new subscribers

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Wed Feb 23 10:05:11 MST 2005

akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com (Andrew Kohlsmith) writes:
> You did type it yourself, but you replied to a message in a thread
> and erased everything, thus screwing up the threading.  I think
> that's what he was referring to.

Wouldn't it be nice if the mailinglist software were hacked to enforce
some rules?

      * reject all HTML email
      * reject any mail with more quoted text than original text
      * reject any mail that starts a totally new subject but
               threads to a different unrelated one.
               eg. has references, but new subject with no "(was: oldsubject)"
      * reject any mail that has "re: " or the same subject line as
               other msgs, but no references.  (This one needs to be done
               very carefully.)

-wolfgang
   Microsoft xbox power cords: "Finding innovative new uses for our
		       blue-screen technology."