[Asterisk-Users] List tips for new subscribers

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Feb 23 09:12:03 MST 2005

On February 23, 2005 10:21 am, teddy at netpolice.za.org wrote:
> Oh I'm sorry. This is the first list I've joined where this is such a big
> issue!  Forgive me for not having your superior understanding of mail
> clients, and/or list servers!

You have a *servere* inferiority complex.

I asked a simple question.  The only people who don't see why it's a problem
use inferior mail user agents which don't support threading, or perhaps they
don't realize that they can do threading.  Neither one means the user is
stupid or in any way a lessor human.  A little uninformed perhaps but that's
nothing that isn't curable, unless they develop full-out ignorance or, in
your case, an inferiority complex.

Aside: I can't fathom *anyone* reading a busy mailing list without threading,
no wonder people such as yourself seem so uptight and fidgety when this is
brought up.  I'm almost positive that Evolution can handle threads so you
know what relief and welcome organization a threaded MUA can bring so reading
this list in a nonthreaded mailer is your own doing and ultimately a cause of
so much of your frustration, I think.

> But thanks for the reply, thanks for being polite, thanks for kicking my
> head in for not doing it exactly like you would want it done .

My exact text:

>> Since you are so vocal, I do have to ask, is hitting the reply button
>> and then erasing everything faster than simply clicking on the
>> "Asterisk-users at lists.digium.com" email address to start a new,
>> blank message to the list?  I've never gotten a clear answer.  It
>> seems like a hell of a lot of work to reply to a message, erase
>> everything and start anew."

Grow a thicker skin.  That wasn't in any way shape or form abusive or even the
slightest bit condescending.  I asked a question and offered my opinion on
what I figured it was you were doing.  If you can't handle it, you don't
belong here.  Plain and simple.

> Get a punching bag, watch some WWF - Whatever. Just do SOMETHING to relax.
> PLEASE!

I'm not the anxious one.  Read over what I wrote, and then read over what you
wrote.  Who's the one who's agitated?

-A.