[Asterisk-Users] 7960 Not Picking up new firmware.

Gary G. Hendershot GHendershot at cox.net
Wed Feb 23 09:25:59 MST 2005

You have to change the image name in the OS79XX.txt and SIPDefault.cnf files
to match the name of BIN file you are trying to load ... With versions of
the firmware prior to 7.x, the name you put in the OS79XX.txt file and the
SIPDefault.cnf files are the same; simply the BIN file name less the BIN
extension  ...  As you get to version 7.x and up, the file name you put in
OS79XX.txt is actually the name of a "Universal Loader" ... The name of the
SIP binary image is entered in SIPDefault.cnf ...

I got a help on this one from a pretty decent article on the WIKI at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+phone+cisco+79xx  ...  Look at the
section header Software Upgrade Requirements ...  This gave me the clues I
needed to get the 7.3 Sip image to load properly ...

G.Hendershot